15 April 2019
The Ministry of Primary Industries has updated the Australian forestry ICPR. The 2018/2019 Arhopalus ferus flight season closes for ALL New Zealand ports as of 23:59 hrs (midnight) 15 April 2019.
Exports loaded for shipment to Australia after this time are excluded from the Arhopalus ferus flight season requirements. This must be supported by relevant documentation, verifying the date and time the container was sealed in order to qualify for fumigation exception.
Monitoring for Arhopalus will continue until 29 April 2019. In the unlikely event that flights resume, the Arhopalus ferus flight season will recommence and requirements come back in force.
Please contact us for further assistance
Specialised Timber Services
We offer specialised timber transport and handling services throughout New Zealand and abroad, including fumigation, packing, devanning, containerised sea freight, heat treatments and more.Timber Shipping
Season Opens (Expired)
24 October 2018
The 2018/2019 Arhopalus ferus flight season OPENS for ALL New Zealand ports as of midnight Monday 22nd October.
All exports of timber, timber mouldings and break-bulk products (including LVL) shipped to Australia must now be treated prior to departure, in accordance with the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources requirements. Each consignment must be accompanied by an MPI approved phytosanitary certificate which contains one of the following additional declarations.
- Containerised timber was packed and sealed prior to the commencement of BPL season;
- Consignments covered under this Phytosanitary certificate have been treated in accordance with the MPI 'Adult Arhopalus ferus Risk Management Plan'; or
- Consignments covered under this Phytosanitary certificate have not been treated in accordance with MPI 'Adult Arhopalus ferus Risk Management Plan'.
All treatment details must be additionally added to the treatment section of the certificate.
- Treated wood and wood products must remain secure and sealed under insect proof covers within containers or within sealed ships holds between dusk and dawn.
- Venting of fumigations must occur between dawn (half hour before sunrise) and dusk only (half hour after sunset).
Consignments already loaded onto vessels or sealed into containers before the commencement of the flight season are exempt from Arhopalus treatment requirements. In such cases, the accompanying Phytosanitary Certificate must state, 'Containerised timber was packed and sealed prior to the commencement of the BPL season.'
Please note that all cut offs for vessels bound for Australia will be a day earlier than previously indicated to allow for fumigation.
For additional Arhopalus ferus flight season information please see the MPI website.
Please contact us if you have any further enquires.