11 June 2019
A global scam is using email, WhatsApp and other messaging platforms to contact potential victims and fraudulently misrepresent Champion Freight for financial gain.
At first glance, these messages may appear legitimate, but there are ways to identify the scam as outlined below.
Don't miss the latest shipping and freight news from across the web. View our news blog and like us on Facebook.Freight News
Not sure if you've received a legitimate Champion Freight communication? Be on the lookout for the following.
- Incorrect spelling or grammar.
- The sender's email address does NOT include our domain (championfreight.co.nz).
- Payment via Google Play, Steam, Amazon or other gift card. We will NEVER accept payment using these methods.
- Contact phone or office address details reside OUTSIDE New Zealand.
Here is an example of a fraudulent email which is not a legitimate Champion Freight communication (sent from Freightservices@post.com).
FREIGHT CHAMPION SERVICES CONSULTANT
We offer real-time shipment monitoring and automatic notifications via e-mail or text for all of your express pickups and deliveries. Import express services to your country with a wide range of FREIGHT SERVICES delivery options: from time - critical guaranteed next day, to less urgent day certain delivery options.
Auto Car, Bike, engine, Shipping Bed,Chairs, Table, Pets Shipping Budget Relocation Services Personal Effects Shipments Air Freight Commercial Shipments Project Cargo Home Pick Up And Delivery At Its Best!!Home Pickup And delivery at Its Best!!Home pickup.
- Your Full Name:
- Item Name:
- Item cost:
- Telephone Number:
- Office Address:
The buyer Mr.HAZZAN MOHAMMAD has cleared the shipping fee to us for the pickup of the items.
We need to confirm you in our databases system. "Agent Confirmation Fee" must be pay from the item owner for safety, and to avoid lateness in posting, the payment procedure will be send to you once we receive your details.
The item will be pickup once the Agent confirmation fee is being paid. We are going to send you a new location once is confirmed........
Courier Exchange Logistics.
Established in 1999, Champion Freight is a 100% New Zealand owned and operated freight forwarder and customs brokerage..
Sitemap Accessibility Masthead Terms & Conditions Privacy & Cookies Using FREIGHT CHAMPION Websites 2017 © FREIGHT CHAMPION International GmbH All rights reserved
If you receive a message of this kind, we recommend you do the following:
- Do not click on any links or provide any information.
- Report the activity to the messaging platform provider (i.e. WhatsApp).
- Report the activity to the payment provider (i.e. Western Union, Google Play, etc.). They may be able to intercept and cancel the transaction if notified quickly.
- Report the matter to your local police or law enforcement agency for investigation.