Get the latest market exchange rates for NZD, USD, AUD, EUR, GBP and more.Currency
Annual Leave Accrued
Use this calculator to measure how much annual leave you accrue over time.
¹ The number of days between X & Y date (including weekends and public holidays). This is used to determine the period of annual leave accrual.
This calculator assumes you are currently entitled to four weeks paid annual leave each year.
- Days Worked Weekly: Enter the normal number of days you work each week.
- Hours Worked Weekly: Enter the normal number of hours you work each week.
- Accrual Period: Enter the total number of days between two dates (past, present or future). Use this tool to count the days.
- Select 'Calculate' for results.
- Annual Leave Accrued: The number of annual leave days accrued will be displayed.
This calculator is based on the following formula:
[Accrual Period] * [Hours Worked Weekly] / 7 * 4 / 52 / [Hours Worked Weekly] * [Days Worked Weekly]
Example: 364 * 37.5 / 7 * 4 / 52 / 37.5 * 5 = 20 Days (4 Weeks)
This calculator is calibrated for use in New Zealand and Australia, whereby an employee commonly receives four weeks annual leave each year after working for an employer for 12 months. All calculations are indicative and are intended to be used as a guide only.
Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this calculator, we do not accept any liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special, exemplary or punitive damage, or for any loss of income, profit or any intangible losses, or any costs, claims, expenses, or damage arising directly or indirectly from, or connected with your use of this tool.
Through use of this calculator you accept these terms and take full responsibility.